The term “trading” simply means “exchanging one item for another”. We usually understand this to be the exchanging of goods for money or in other words, buying something. It’s the same principle when we talk about trading in financial market. Trading has two flip sides: One, trading is the most captivating business, if you have right resources with the knowledge of underlying principles. Another one is trading can be disaster if you trade with no or limited knowledge.
Now Connect the trade with shares-stocks dots, if the value of buying shares increases, then one make money by selling them again at a higher price. The beauty is that one can even make profit by simply selling it at high price and later buying it at low price; if prices are going down. This is financial trading.
It is a profitable business only if you trade with enough knowledge and right philosophy. However sometimes, it defines as one of the most monotonous activity, as it demands highly disciplined attitude, a great deal of patience and thorough understanding of money management. No matter what it is in reality, the truth is that it attracts mankind for ages.
I am sure the following prominent quotes will make your trading philosophy more interesting on the globe.
- The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient. - Warren Buffett
- A trend is a trend is a trend. - Richard Dennis
- The elements of good trading are: (1) cutting losses, (2) cutting losses, and (3) cutting losses. - Ed Seykota
- If you can’t take a small loss, sooner or later you will take the mother of all losses. – Ed Seykota
- Money management is the true survival key. - Bill Dunn
- Everything flows. – Heraclitus
- Win or lose, everybody gets what they want out of the market. - Ed Seykota
- Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so. - Galileo Galilei
- The market is never wrong - Jerry Parker
- Life is too dynamic to remain static. - John W. Henry
- If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster. - Clint Eastwood
- If you don’t risk anything, you risk even more. - Erica Jong
- No human investigation can be called real science if it cannot be demonstrated mathematically. - Leonardo da Vinci
- All through time, people have basically acted and reacted the same way in the market as a result of: greed, fear, ignorance, and hope. That is why the numerical formations and patterns recur on a constant basis. - Jesse Livermore
Here are some quotes from beginners and experienced traders from BlissQuants.
- Loss is an integral part of stock market business, learn to take it. - Bharatbhai Shah
- You can earn tons of money; provided you work systematically! - Nimisha Bhagat
- Stock market is not a get-rich-quick scheme, have a patience! - Rupak Shah
- Path to become wealthy remains same, no matter what business you do - Learn, Apply and be patient! - Falguni Vahora
- Owning stock position is like having children, don’t get involved with more than what you can handle. - Harshal Shah
- There is no single theory to get a success in stock market. You can have your own theory provided if you have survived both bullish and bearish market. - Samir Vahora
- Stock market is the easiest way to earn money and loose too; if you don’t pay attention. Read it again! - Swati Upadhyay
- If you work strategically and analyze continually, you can earn money - Heena Maloo